Tuesday, August 05, 2008

HOME & TIPS EATING WELL

I went home last week.. just for few days.. “Family gathering”.. I spend the whole day at the airport.. KLIA to KIA to MIA to LA my journey started at 10.05am.. OMG! Killing me.. MIA and LA is not Missing In Action or LA in California, it Miri International Airport and Limbang Airport. Hehehe.. what a waste of time..
but I do my reading. Completed the Chronicles Of The Necromancer - Book 1 The Summoner .. going to buy the book 2.. at the same time I grab the Reader’s Digest August 2008 at KLIA.
Caught my attention on the JILL DUPLEIX article on LIGHTEN UP, TEN TIPS FOR EATING WELL WITHOUT HAVING TO DIET. She’s point out that

1. Eat for pleasure and good health, not for weight loss
2. Start the day with oats and you won’t be hungry for hours
3. Eat more fish, chicken, vegetables and salads, and less red meat, pork, pasta, pastry and potatoes “ on our side I think NASI la that kan!”
4. Use a plastic squeezy bottle for olive oil and sauces – it helps you use less.
5. Use yoghurt instead of cream
6. Snack on fruit and nuts instead of chocolate and crisps.
7. Steam instead of grill, grill instead of roast, roast instead of fry, shallow-fry instead of deep-fry.
8. Eat carbs like pasta and potatoes for lunch instead of in the evening
9. Drink better, drink less, and drink only with the evening meal.
10. If you really want something, enjoy it without guilt, then lighten up the next day.

No comments: